The Recovery Bill of Rights
is a statement of the principle that all Americans have a right to recover from addiction to alcohol and other drugs. Learn more…
Training: Science of Addiction and Recovery
- Aurora, Colorado- May 8, 2010
- Lorain, Ohio- May 15, 2010
- Austin, Texas- May 22, 2010
- St. Louis, Missouri- June 5, 2010
- Las Vegas, Nevada- June 19, 2010
- About the Training
- About the Trainer
- Training Follow-up
- Registration Fee
- The Science of Addiction and Recovery Training DVD
The Science of Addiction and Recovery is a 6 six-hour “train the trainer” training for people in long-term recovery, their families, friends and allies.
6 Professional Development Hours are available for this training!
Join us for this training to:
- Learn about the science of addiction and recovery
- Practice teaching others what you have learned
- Sharpen your skills as a recovery communicator, then take home new tools that you can use with your family, friends and community
You will receive three hours of education on the science of addiction and recovery in very easy to understand language and three hours of training on how to deliver the information to others.
An important part of this event is learning how to deliver this training in your community. We encourage you to come in pairs so that you have a buddy to conduct trainings with in the future. If you are not able to sign up with a buddy we will be happy to match you up with someone during the training. There is a space available on the registration form to tell us who you would like to pair up with.
In addition to the full day training, there will be several resources available to participants in order to follow up on what you learned and to help you deliver this training in your community. Participants will receive access to a private website featuring:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Links to additional resources and support materials
- Upcoming training dates
- Discussion board to communicate with the trainer, Flo Hilliard, and other participants
- Presentation registration form to allow you to let us know about when you are using the training in your community and how those trainings went.
- Video presentation
(Includes coffee, lunch, snacks, and all materials including a training video)
- $30.00 - Faces & Voices of Recovery supporter level donors and above (if you gave $50 or more to in the last year)