The Recovery Bill of Rights
is a statement of the principle that all Americans have a right to recover from addiction to alcohol and other drugs. Learn more…
Training: Science of Addiction and Recovery
Salt Lake City, UT Training: May 7, 2011
Registration Deadline is 5pm, April 29th! Only 40 spaces available, so register today!
- Register Now!
- About the Training
- About the Trainer
- Training Follow-up
- Registration Fee
- Important Dates
- Training Schedule
- Training Location and Transportation
- Other Important Information
The Science of Addiction and Recovery is a 6 six-hour “train the trainer” training for people in long-term recovery, their families, friends and allies.
6 Professional Development Hours are available for this training!
Join us for this training to:
- Learn about the science of addiction and recovery
- Practice teaching others what you have learned
- Sharpen your skills as a recovery communicator, then take home new tools that you can use with your family, friends and community
You will receive three hours of education on the science of addiction and recovery in very easy to understand language and three hours of training on how to deliver the information to others.
An important part of this event is learning how to deliver this training in your community. We encourage you to come in pairs so that you have a buddy to conduct trainings with in the future. If you are not able to sign up with a buddy we will be happy to match you up with someone during the training. There is a space available on the registration form to tell us who you would like to pair up with.
In addition to the full day training, there will be several resources available to participants in order to follow up on what you learned and to help you deliver this training in your community. Participants will receive access to a private website featuring:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Links to additional resources and support materials
- Upcoming training dates
- Discussion board to communicate with the trainer, Flo Hilliard, and other participants
- Presentation registration form to allow you to let us know about when you are using the training in your community and how those trainings went.
- Video presentation
(Includes coffee, lunch, snacks, and all materials including a training video)
- $30.00 - Supporter level donors and above (if you gave $50 or above to Faces & Voices in the last year)
**Scholarships are available**
Scholarships are available to cover the registration fee. If you are applying for scholarship support, please do not fill out the regular registration form. We will be notifying applicants on a rolling basis. Click here to fill out a scholarship application.
April 29, 2011- Registration deadline
May 7, 2011- Training
- 9:00 am- 9:30 am
- 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Science of Addiction and Recovery training
- 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Break for lunch
- 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
"Train the Trainer" portion
Council Chambers, North Building
2001 S. State St.
Salt Lake City, UT 84190-2250
Click here for a map of the location and directions.
Capacity: The are only 40 spaces available, so register today!
Dress: Dress is casual.
This training is sponsored by :
- Utah Support Advocates for Recovery Awareness
- Utah State Division of Substance Abuse and Mental Health
- Utah Behavioral Health Committee
This training is made possible with the support of the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) and the members of Faces & Voices of Recovery.