Council on Accreditation of Peer Recovery Support Services
The mission of the Council on Accreditation of Peer Recovery Support Services is to identify and support excellence in the delivery of peer recovery support services and other activities by recovery community organizations (RCOs) and qualifying programs.The Council on Accreditation of Peer Recovery Support Services (CAPRSS) is the only accrediting body in the US for recovery community organizations (RCOs) and other programs offering addiction peer recovery support services (PRSS).
CAPRSS offers a recovery-oriented accreditation program that:
- helps emerging and established RCOs and peer programs to build capacity;
- improves the performance of organizations and programs providing peer services by setting and measuring the achievement of standards; and
- increases accountability of peer services providers to funders, the public, and the field.
CAPRSS is the culmination of years of work by recovery community advocates and allies, who work every day to secure, promote and provide pathways to long-term recovery for millions of Americans, their families and their communities.
CAPRSS takes an “accreditation plus” philosophical approach, viewing accreditation as more than the evaluation and approval of organizations or programs based on a set of standards. Offering a process that promotes capacity-building and the achievement of excellence within organizations from beginning to end,
CAPRSS offers services for:
- emerging organizations seeking information and resources to develop their programs;
- established organizations looking to improve depth, breadth, scope, and quality of the peer services they provide, and preparing to seek accreditation;
- “accreditation-ready” organizations applying for accreditation;
- accredited organizations; and
- state and other governmental entities seeking to support and assure the quality of peer recovery support services within their jurisdiction.
To learn more about CAPRSS and how you can get your accreditation and all the benefits that come with it visit the CAPRSS website.