Advocacy & Outreach Program Assistant
Advocacy & Outreach Program Assistant
Faces & Voices of Recovery is seeking an Advocacy & Outreach Program Assistant.
This is a full-time home-based position with a competitive annual starting salary- based on experience. Faces & Voices of Recovery offers generous leave and health benefits.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge, and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees with honesty, dignity, and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of recovery status, criminal justice history, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected class.
A cover letter describing your interest in THIS job and why you’re a good fit is required.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Advocacy & Outreach ProgramAssistant provides support for the Public Affairs department within the organization. The Program Assistant works on advocacy and public policy projects collaboratively with team members on activities such as awareness campaigns, legislative issues, public speaking events, constituent training, national and international outreach.The primary purpose is to provide administrative support to ensure project goals are met efficiently and in a timely manner.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Answer phone and emails and respond to requests for information and resources
- Create calendar events in Outlook
- Maintain project files in Sharepoint
- Enter data into Salesforce
- Host virtual meetings through the Zoom platform
- Schedule conference calls and meetings
- Prepare meeting materials and record meeting notes
- Assist with collecting project data and preparing reports
- Update website as needed
- Create surveys and collect results
- Coordinate travel and event logistics
- Other administrative duties
- Strong commitment and enthusiasm for recovery advocacy and the people and groups we serve around the country
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and as a team.
- Administrative experience required
- Strong aptitude for technology required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including SharePoint
- Experience with Salesforce, WordPress, Survey Monkey, Doodle a plus
- Superior internet research skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and written/oral communication skills
- Copy editing skills a plus
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; Associate (AA) or equivalent administrative experience required
- $40,000 – $45,000 – Commensurate with experience.
Faces & Voices of Recovery employs remote workers, but projects may require staff to travel. All necessary personal arrangements for travel; childcare, house care, etc. should be done on staff personal time. Errands, like shipping and mailing, that pertain to projects can be done during work hours. All staff are required to maintain a suitable home office environment and be working and available to reached during office hours –9-5 ET unless discussed otherwise with supervisor.
Must be able to remain in a stationary position 90% of the time. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. The person in this position frequently communicates with customers who have inquiries. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.Some occasions may call for moving equipment weighing up to 50 pounds to and from venue locations for various event’s needs.