Faces & Voices of Recovery is seeking an Operations Manager.
This is a full-time home-based position with a competitive annual starting salary- based on experience. Faces & Voices of Recovery offers generous leave and health benefits.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge, and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees with honesty, dignity, and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of recovery status, criminal justice history, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected class.
A cover letter describing your interest in THIS job and why you’re a good fit is required.
Please make sure your file names contain your first and last name.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The Operations Manager supports the Director of Operations and Chief Operating Officer in the development and implementation of strategies to optimize daily operations. The Operations Manager demonstrates leadership & integrity working in alignment with the organization’s strategic goals to support human resources, administration, finance, digital infrastructure, fund development, and events. The Operations Manager will play a collaborative role in developing and implementing systems that increase the quality and efficiency of our work, supporting our ability to grow and expand our mission.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure operational management systems, are managed appropriately and cost-effectively
- Analyze and streamline the company’s processes, identify opportunities for improvement, and develop strategies to enhance productivity and profitability
- Aid in the formation and implementation of standard operating procedures and personnel policies, and contribute to the development and integration of new processes
- Promote justice, diversity, equity & inclusion (J-DEI) initiatives set forth by the organization
- Liaise between organization and accountants to coordinate day-to-day finance operations including processing deposits, payables, reimbursements, invoicing, and audits
- Ensure the maintenance of appropriate financial records and preparation of required financial reports
- Assist with human resources functions to include payroll, on/off-boarding, goal setting and tracking, training, performance management, leaves, benefits, and job descriptions
- Coordinate employee engagement strategies and initiatives that contribute to a thriving organizational culture
- Collaborate interdepartmentally to ensure all departments are working together effectively to achieve the company’s goals
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Work jointly with leadership to administer operational policies & procedures
- Troubleshoot and resolve operational issues
- Manage relationships with external vendors and consultants to ensure successful and ongoing delivery of operational capabilities
- Research, cultivate, and maintain relationships with internal & external stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate experience in business administration, grant-making, program/project management, preferably in a non-profit or philanthropic setting
- At least 3+ years supervisory or managerial experience
- At least 2+ years remote work & virtual platform experience
- Experience in fund development, membership or related field
- Experience with donor databases is highly desirable
- Proficient computer and data management skills, including software such as MS Office Suite, QuickBooks, Salesforce
- Familiarity with human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
- Strong organizational, administrative, and time- management skills with attention to detail; ability to understand big picture goals and needs and translate them to smaller scale tasks to implement projects with accuracy and efficiency
- Fluency in budgeting, planning, and strategy as well as tracking, reporting, and cash flow • Working knowledge of non-profit audit cycle and process
- Impeccable, integrity and trustworthiness, with an ability to handle sensitive information effectively and confidentially
- Superior attention to detail and excellent organizational, time-management and project management skills
- Demonstrates an understanding of justice diversity, equity, and inclusion (JDEI) and a willingness to grow with the team’s J-DEI journey
- Apt problem-solving skills; ability to think creatively to develop practical solutions and willingness to work effectively both with and without standards, templates, and supervision
- Propensity for teamwork; desire to collaborate with others and ability to engage with diverse people working toward common goals
- $63,000 to $78,750; commensurate with experience.
Faces & Voices of Recovery employs remote workers who must maintain a home office conducive to optimal work performance and free of distractions. Some projects may require staff to travel. All necessary personal arrangements for travel such as childcare, house care, pet care, etc. should be done on personal time. Local errands, like shipping and mailing, that pertain to work projects should be done during work hours. All staff are required to work and be available during office hours – 9:00 am -5:00 pm ET unless otherwise approved by supervisor.
Employee must be able to remain in a stationary position 90% of the time. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. The person in this position frequently communicates with other team members and customers who have inquiries. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. Some occasions may call for moving equipment weighing up to 50 pounds to and from venue locations for various events.
Operations Assistant, Operations Coordinator; other staff as assigned.
Please include resume and cover letter and include your First and Last Name in the title of the documents.