Call for Presentations
2020 Recovery Leadership Summit: Call for Presentations
We cordially invite you to submit a proposal to present at the Faces & Voices of Recovery 2020 Recovery Leadership Summit. The 2020 Recovery Leadership Summit will be held virtually on June 15-16, 2020.
Submissions: Association of Recovery Community Organizations (ARCO) members and non-members are invited to submit presentation proposals for 90-minute sessions. Faces & Voices of Recovery encourages addiction and co-occurring professionals from diverse organizations and disciplines to submit.
Submission Deadline: Friday, May 1, 2020
Benefits of Presenting
- Presenters will receive free conference registration.
- Promotion of your name and credentials on our website and in all electronic marketing materials, where appropriate.
- Recognition of your expertise by Faces & Voices of Recovery and by other industry professionals.
- Networking opportunities.
Faces & Voices of Recovery is calling for workshop proposals that offer unique, interactive educational experiences for recovery community organizations (RCOs), their leaders and emerging leaders. We are seeking current and relevant information within these five topics (examples provided):
- Leadership Development (LD): Leading/advocating for Peer Certification processes, Servant Leadership, Self-Care, Professional/Leadership Development, Ethics for Peer Leaders and Supervisors; Mentoring
- Peer Recovery Support Services (PRSS): Evidence-Based Practices, Recovery Planning, Medication Assisted Recovery, Assertive Outreach, Harm Reduction, Recovery Coaching, Telephone Recovery Support, Recovery Community Centers, Trauma-Informed Care, Diverse Populations
- Capacity Building(CB): Sustainability, Data Collection and Reporting, Board Development, Building Effective Partnerships; Fundraising; Participatory Process, Social Media/Marketing, Participant and Staff Retention, Insurance/Medicaid Reimbursement
- Advocacy / Public Policy (APP): Community Mobilizing, Advocacy Messages, State and National Issues, Eliminating Stigma and Discrimination, Working with Policy Makers
- Family Focus (FF): Tips and Tools for Welcoming Environments for Families, Creating Support Groups and Support Service for Families, National Resources, Best Practices for Supporting Families with Substance Use Disorders.
To be considered, presenters must have professional qualifications in good standing with their professional regulatory board, if applicable, possess the subject matter expertise necessary to present on a topic effectively, and must have experience and expertise on training in subject of presentation. Presenters must also be familiar with Zoom conferencing and be able to be interactive in an online platform.
Faces & Voices of Recovery requests that presenters refrain from using terminology that perpetuates the negative stigma surrounding those with substance use disorders or living in recovery:
- Instead of "addict," please use "person with a substance use disorder."
- Instead of "addicted to X," please use "has an X use disorder," "has a serious X use disorder," or "has a substance use disorder involving X" (if more than one substance is involved.)
- Instead of "alcoholic," please use "person with an alcohol use disorder."
- Instead of "drug/substance abuse," please use "substance use disorder."
- Instead of "former addict," please use "person in recovery" or "person in long-term recovery."
- Instead of “clean” use “not actively using substances” or "in recovery”
Thank you for your interest in submitting your presentation.