Don’t forget about our Mentor Program!
A mentor is an experienced Recovery Community Organization (RCO) leader who can provide guidance for the mentee’s organizational path. He/she is also available to the mentee to provide support with four professional coaching sessions per month. Mentors may also assist mentees with other networking opportunities relevant to their professional career.
The mentor may provide technical assistance in many general ways, but the following is a focused list of technical assistance topics on which the mentor/mentee relationship may provide insight:
- Mission & Vision Statements
- Strategic Planning
- Grassroots Advocacy and Community Organizing
- Public Education and Awareness
- Recovery Support Services
- Recovery Values and Principles
- Participatory Process