2018 RCO Bootcamp For New & Emerging RCOS
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration is offering a the RCO Bootcamp to new and emerging recovery community organizations from across the United States. The goal of this training opportunity is to assist organization leaders with strengthening their organizational structure and capacity to provide recovery support services. Organizations are encouraged to send several staff including the Executive Director, key personnel and board members.
The RCO Bootcamp includes interactive workshops and breakout sessions designed and presented by professionals within the recovery community with lived experience.
Participants will learn about:
- developing new partnerships and demonstrating the value of peer services.
- guiding peers into leadership roles. One unique strength of RCO’s is the meaningful participation of peers and stakeholders at every level.
- effective board functioning; the role of board members and committees; the role of Executive Director
- developing and using a strategic plan
- sustaining the work of the organization
- ethical guidelines for peer support
This 1 and a half day workshop is free to attend. Travel and accommodations are not included. Register today for one of the 2 RCO Bootcamps will be two separate registration sites for each location:
Wednesday, May 16, 2018 & Thursday, May 17, 2018 | New Orleans, LA
Thursday, May 24, 2018 & Friday, May 25, 2018 | Vorhees, NJ
REGISTER HERE for the RCO Bootcamp held on May 16 & 17 in Metairie, LA.
REGISTER HERE for the RCO Bootcamp held on May 24 & 25 in Voorhees, NJ.
Please message Phil Rutherford at email@example.com with any questions.