Virtual Equity Dinner
- This event has passed.
Please join us on October 5, 2021, from 6pm-8pm CDT
Are you having a hard time finding a place where you can have an honest conversation about race and racism? We have a place at the table for you! To honor our 20th Anniversary Summit, Faces & Voices of Recovery is hosting a Summit Dinner to create a safe space for productive dialogue on racial equity and inclusion.
Learn more about the history of these types of dinners here!
For years dinners such as these have confronted the issues of discrimination, poverty, gentrification, racial disparities, as well as religious and political divisions, among others. Faces & Voices of Recovery is in support of the belief that building a strong foundation for open and honest dialogue on these difficult issues starts with providing a safe space. We believe by sharing space with people of diverse backgrounds, we open ourselves to seeing issues from vastly different angles, simultaneously feeding our human need for meaningful connection. This opens a whole new world of opportunities to bridge the divide we may have with others, at the same time helping us support one another in our neighborhoods as we powerfully and collectively tackle and resolve the shared critical issues of the day.
- Art jump-starts the evening.
- Designated Facilitators guide and keep the conversation on track.
- Intentional Diversity in every virtual breakout room and group, mixed by race, geography, economics, and age.
- Selective Media Buzz highlighting a bigger picture, to stretch well beyond just one event
- We hope you will share the word broadly- this is just one of many opportunities we will provide to talk and be part of the solution.