Emergency Preparedness for Recovery Community Organizations (RCO’s)
- This event has passed.
Recovery Community Organization staff (both admin and direct service clinicians/peers), board members, volunteers, community allies, etc. The goal is that attendees can share knowledge, skills and tools within their organizations.
Attendees who complete the full 15-hour course and submit a survey will receive a certificate of completion from the Association of Recovery Community Organizations (ARCO). This course is not specifically certified as Continuing Education Units and attendees should confirm with their accreditation boards for requirements.
Through the Recovery Community Organization (RCO) Emergency Preparedness and Response Tool Kit, Faces & Voices of Recovery has supported RCO’s in identifying, adapting and evolving peer recovery support services through and beyond the COVID-19 pandemic.
This three-day virtual course provides an interactive curriculum and technical assistance on Emergency Response and Preparedness that seeks to highlight lessons from the COVID-19 pandemic and enable RCO’s to preemptively apply best practices in creating an environment better prepared for future emergencies, such as:
- Health hazards, including the potential for additional waves of COVID-19.
- Natural disasters: floods, hurricanes, and earthquakes.
- Human-caused hazards including widespread acts of violence.
- Technology-related hazards like power outages and equipment failure.
- Workshop team wellness (physical and emotional) strategies, incorporating adaptive practices from the COVID-19 pandemic
- Inform on statistical information related to COVID-19
- Discuss access to medication assisted treatment
- Prepare for addressing subsequent post-emergency impacts (fiscal, staffing, increase in service need, etc.)
- Assess current organizational strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) and address current issues with a “dual epidemic” climate (COVID-19 + exacerbated addiction)
- Create executable plans for potential future public relations, technology, fiscal and organizational emergency disruptions
DATE: July 20th – 22nd
TIME: 11:00am – 5:00pm EDT
(including 1 hour lunch)
FREE attendance! Registration is required.