ORN VLC Innovations in Recovery Leadership #2
- This event has passed.
|11:00 am - 4:00 pm EDT
This free Virtual Learning Community (VLC) is sponsored by the Opioid Response Network. The format for each session includes a brief presentation on the topic and then a discussion and Q&A session with the presenter.
Innovations in Recovery Leadership is a 3 day (13-hour) training program for emergent and seasoned leaders working or volunteering in a setting that prioritizes recovery support services.
Welcome to the Innovations in Recovery Leadership Training.
Faces & Voices of Recovery envisions a world where the diverse voices of individuals and families affected by addiction are embraced and connected in communities, free from discrimination and injustice. Therefore, we need all leaders influencing policy, developing services, and delivering programming, to lean in and support one another as we continue to evolve. Together we will change the way addiction and recovery are understood and embraced while making sure every voice is represented. The Innovations in Recovery Leadership training offers attendees an exciting and highly dynamic exploratory process in which the foundational pillars of recovery leadership are unpacked.
Our 3-day training is for emergent and seasoned leaders working or volunteering in a setting that prioritizes recovery support services. Those connected to Recovery Community Organizations or Centers, Collegiate Recovery Communities, Recovery High Schools, government agencies supporting recovery services statewide, family support organizations, recovery house managers, or a variety of other settings utilizing recovery supports, are encouraged to reach out to our training team to discuss the advantages of this unique curriculum.
Training Topics Include:
- Developing your personal values as a leader
- Centering diversity, equity, and inclusion as recovery leaders
- Servant leadership and its connection to the recovery community
- Realistic goal setting for leaders and their organizations
- Exploring various leadership styles AND understanding how to work within those dynamics
- The importance of self-care and balance
- Examining the intersectionality of your role as a recovery advocate and administrator of a program or agency
- Building strategic community partnerships while navigating challenging political relationships